Friday 30 January 2009

No Where is safe!

So this week in Lichfield a local man called Mike Eccles was brutally attacked by a group of youths as he walked back from the shops late one evening.

The Youths bottled him and stamped on his head like a trampoline, leaving him with severe head injuries, the next day Doctors turned off his life support because there was fatal swelling on his brain.

It is scary to think that we live in a Country that allows this kind of thing to happen so regularly.

The two main offenders a 15 year old and 20 year old were allegedly coked up and drunk and tried to get Mr Eccles's wine off him that he had bought from the shops.

As they were under the influence of alcohol and drugs their lawyers will state that they were not in the right mind, meaning the will probably get a shorter sentence.
The 15 year old could get as little as 18 months for man slaughter!

I think that this is revolting! I hope that they get long sentences...even life for what they have done!!! These guys need to be a example of what will happen to people who assault and murder innocent human beings.

Gangs need to be treated like terrorists, they need to be separated, disciplined and punished in extreme ways.

We are no way living in somewhere as bad a Johannesburg or Philadelphia but we do live in a country that has poor and inappropriate justice system.

I believe that prisons are becoming to much like center parks and we are caring too much about the human rights of people who discard and completely disrespect other peoples human rights, freedom and lives.

I send my deepest condolences to the family of Mike Eccles. I used to serve him in a local pub and although I never really new him personally, I still feel deeply sad that him and his family have had to go through this pain and tragedy.

If that had happened to either of my parents I would be so devastated I wouldn't know how to live though it so I have no idea how much pain they must feel.

Please be careful if you are out on the streets.. where ever you are! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment